We currently offer three different rewards programs for our subscribers:
- Waste Reduction Rewards Program
- Compost Discount Program
- Referral Rewards Program
Important to note: For anyone to benefit from these Rewards Programs, they must be an active subscriber to one of our Curbside Compost Pickup Service plans, with no payments for such plans past due/in arrears. Additionally, it should be noted that if a subscriber voluntarily cancels or otherwise terminates their subscription with us, their statistics and earnings, as detailed on the Greener Bay Compost Leaderboard (which is what we use to keep public track of Rewards earnings), will be reset to “0” (meaning they will need to “start from scratch” with us, for in the event they choose to resubscribe with us at a later date).
Our Waste Reduction Rewards Program works as follows:
- All of our Curbside Compost Pickup Service subscribers will start with a “clean slate” with regard to the weight of the materials they’ve provided to us, dating back to 6/1/22 (meaning everyone will start at the same number, which is 0.00 pounds).
- Every pound of Acceptable material we receive from our Curbside Compost Pickup Service subscribers from 6/1/22 forward will be kept track of by us, via the Greener Bay Compost Leaderboard.
- The only weight deductions we will be making in calculating the above poundage will be made based on the actual weight of any Not Acceptable materials we may receive, or the weight of an entire buckets contents, for in the rare instance of total-bucket contamination (such as if we receive buckets containing large amounts of non-naturally-occurring liquids, lawn mower/grass clippings, etc.)
- Once a Curbside Compost Pickup Service subscriber reaches 500 pounds of Acceptable material on the Leaderboard, the subscriber will be eligible to claim a (1) cubic foot bag of compost from us, any time between May 1st and November 30th of the year (which is the time of year when our compost is not frozen), and we will work with the subscriber to arrange for pickup/drop-off of this earned compost.
- This product is the same product we are now taking requests for at https://www.gbcompost.com/
compost-request-form/, which retails for $39.99/bag (not taking into account any discounts our subscribers may earn under our Compost Discount Program)
Our Compost Discount Program works as follows:
- We sort through the contents of each individual Greener Bay Compost bucket and extra bag of dry materials we receive, to identify and remove from our waste stream any items/materials we may find that fall into the Not Acceptable side of our list of Acceptable and Not Acceptable Materials, and document/photograph any such items/materials found.
- Should we find zero Not Acceptable items/material in a bucket or extra bag, we will designate the bucket as “Clean.”
- Should we find any Not Acceptable items/materials in a bucket or extra bag (regardless of whether this is one produce sticker, for example, or ten), we will designate the bucket as “Dirty.”
- Any subscriber who provides a “Dirty” bucket to us receives a short email from us, with the subject line “Dirty Bucket Alert,” a link the subscriber can use to dispute our determination that their bucket was “Dirty” (if they so choose), and a photo of the Not Acceptable item(s)/material(s) we found in their bucket/extra bags.
- There will be no “educational” component to the “Dirty Bucket Alert” emails, which means we will not be using them to advise subscribers as to how to prevent future buckets from being considered “Dirty.” Our only “educational” efforts will be conducted via our website and our social media accounts, and not targeted at any particular subscriber or subscribers (unless, of course, a subscriber contacts us privately for assistance, in which case we will, of course, assist them, in private).
- We will keep track of how many “Clean” and “Dirty” buckets each subscriber provides to us, as well as what percentage of their total buckets are “Clean,” with these statistics being kept track of publicly via the Greener Bay Compost Leaderboard.
- Our subscribers “Clean Bucket Percentage” (or “Clean Bucket %”), as it will be known, will be used to determine the discount our subscribers receive on any compost they purchase from us in the future.
- The percentage discount subscribers will receive will be:
- 5%, for any subscriber with a “Clean Bucket Percentage” of less than 80%
- 10%, for any subscriber with a “Clean Bucket Percentage” of 80-89.99%
- 15%, for any subscriber with a “Clean Bucket Percentage” of 90-94.99%
- 20%, for any subscriber with a “Clean Bucket Percentage” of 95-100%
PLEASE NOTE: We sell our (1) Cubic Foot bags (approximately 35-40 pounds) of compost to the general public for $39.99 per bag, plus tax (5.5%), and so the above discounts would apply to that price. Additionally, we charge a delivery fee of $5.00, plus tax (5.5%) to subscribers and non-subscribers alike (which the Compost Discount would not apply to), that is, unless the compost buyer agrees to meet us at the old Sears parking lot on Military Avenue in west Green Bay (or some other location in the middle of our service area, of our choosing) to pick up the compost, on a date and at a time agreed upon by all parties, in which case we will waive this fee.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: We provide a New Subscriber Grace Period to all new subscribers, which will guarantee them a “Clean” bucket designation on each of the first two buckets they provide to us, regardless of whether they’re actually “Clean.” After those first two buckets, however, such subscribers will be playing by the same rules as everyone else.
Our Referral Rewards Program works as follows:
- Our subscribers earn (1) pound of finished compost for every new subscriber they refer to us who signs up for our Month-to-Month plan, or (5) pounds of finished compost for every new subscriber they refer to us who signs up for our 6-Months-Paid-in-Full plan.
- This compost can be claimed by the subscriber who has earned it at any time (due to the amounts of compost being so small) by Contacting Us.
Compost Request Form
If you have any questions or concerns about any of our Rewards Programs, please do not hesitate to contact us using any of the contact options available at www.GBCompost.com/Contact! And thank you, as always, for helping us make Green Bay a little greener every day!